This is always a hot topic on webmaster forums: In your making money online endeavors via Google AdSense, which keywords will give you the most dollar in a click?
While it’s rather impossible to know the exact value you make when someone clicks on a particular AdSense ad, it’s possible to predict how much you will make from a click when you know how much someone should pay for a certain keyword in his/her PPC campaign with Google AdWords.
I have stumbled on an interesting infographic from one of WordStream’s articles, Where Google Makes Its Money: The 20 Most Expensive Keywords in Google AdWords
The initial fact itself is interesting: 97 percent of Google’s revenue is via advertising (AdWords.) And to Google, these are goldmines. Here’s the list from another related article from WordStream – The top 20 most expensive keyword categories in Google AdWords:
- Insurance (example keywords in this category include "buy car insurance online" and "auto insurance price quotes")
- Loans (example keywords include "consolidate graduate student loans" and "cheapest homeowner loans")
- Mortgage (example keywords include “refinanced second mortgages” and “remortgage with bad credit”)
- Attorney (example keywords include “personal injury attorney” and “dui defense attorney”)
- Credit (example keywords include “home equity line of credit” and “bad credit home buyer”)
- Lawyer ("personal injury lawyer," "criminal defense lawyer)
- Donate ("car donation centers," "donating a used car")
- Degree ("criminal justice degrees online," "psychology bachelors degree online")
- Hosting ("hosting ms exchange," "managed web hosting solution")
- Claim ("personal injury claim," "accident claims no win no fee")
- Conference Call ("best conference call service," "conference calls toll free")
- Trading ("cheap online trading," "stock trades online")
- Software ("crm software programs," "help desk software cheap")
- Recovery ("raid server data recovery," "hard drive recovery laptop")
- Transfer ("zero apr balance transfer," "credit card balance transfer zero interest")
- Gas/Electricity ("business electricity price comparison," "switch gas and electricity suppliers")
- Classes ("criminal justice online classes," "online classes business administration")
- Rehab ("alcohol rehab centers," "crack rehab centers")
- Treatment ("mesothelioma treatment options," "drug treatment centers")
- Cord Blood ("cordblood bank," "store umbilical cord blood")
…and from this infographic, you can learn that insurance-related top CPC is at $54.91 – yes, that’s for someone to pay when one visitor click on his ad!
You can use the above keyword ideas to start devising a strategy on which topic should you build a website about.
Remember, the most expensive keywords mean you will face fierce competition when trying to rank your related sites higher on search engines.
So, I suggest you to focus on less-competitive keywords will lower income per click but still good enough to make you a hefty amount of money per click.
What’s your opinion? Have you ever build a site targeting on money-making keywords? Please share yours by commenting on this blog post…