Not many webpreneurs are blessed with plenty of money to invest in a web business. In fact, many of us are bootstrapping, launching web businesses that only cost as little as $10 to start – a select few even start an online business with nothing.
Even better news for you: That $10 is actually spent if you are opting to buy a domain name and a hosting account. Some web hosting providers offer free domain name on registration, and some others offer low priced, even free, web hosting account (usually the first month.) The key here is to use widely available coupon codes to help you save more.
Some deals I found:
- HostGator web hosting – use “hgc25″ code for $0.01 web hosting (first month); available for Baby plan only (basic plan.)
- SuperGreenHosting web hosting – free domain name, unlimited web hosting for $3.95/month.
- NameCheap – accredited cheap domain name registrar, starting from $2.99/year
If you enjoy freebies, here are some resources to help you start a web business free of charge:
Free online store solutions (hosted stores):
1. Vendr – build and host your online store; embeddable to your blog site for free.
2. Amazon aStore – Amazon products store builder.
3. Zlio – similar to Vendr.
4. Payvment – transform your Facebook fan page into an online store – free to use.
5. CafePress – you can set up a store to sell your custom t-shirts, gifts, posters & art, mugs, and much more.
Free content management systems:
6. WordPress – the content management system for blogs, but has extended into full-fledged CMS.
7. OScommerce – create a fully-functioned ecommerce site for free; the most popular CMS for ecommerce site.
8. Pligg – free software to create your own social networking website.
9. Joomla! – the content management systems for portal and any other kind of sites.
10. Boonex – similar to Pligg.
Free web design and development tools:
11. Divine – convert Adobe Photoshop PSD to WordPress for free.
12. DocsPal – free online file converter and viewer, supporting many type of document and image files.
13. Iconspedia – quality free-to-use icons.
14. Photos8 – public domain images, with no attribution required when used for your sites.
Free SEO/link building tools:
16. RankChecker – fake Google PageRank, backlink and age/history checker for domain names.
17. VM Options – free directory list to submit your site.
18. Social Marker – submit your site to dozens of social bookmarking sites for free.
19. Submit Express – submit your site to dozens of search engines for free.
20. PRLog – free press release distribution.
Free online business tools